Sunday 27 July 2014

DIY Christmas decorations

hello everyone.
I have been wanting to make these for ages now. I was taught how to make them as a child. We used to make them as Christmas decorations. I've been looking for something to fill the gap from making dragon eggs (check out those here)
These are so so easy to make but also a little time consuming.
I have only made these two so far but i am definitely going to make a few more.

what you need:
- sequins
-beads (i used seed beads)
-pins
-Styrofoam balls
-pliers (optional)
-glue

For the blue one, i used a blueish/silver sequin, a blue seed bead and also a darker blue/black seed bead.

for the pink one, i used pink and purple sequins(placed them in alternating rows), pink seed beads and clear seed beads.

how t make them:
-decide on what colors you will be using.
-i cut all my pins into half the length using pliers (i found because my balls were quite small i was running out of space inside the ball and found it quite hard to push them all the way through)
- then i put the beads and sequins on the pins. placing the beads first and the sequins last as that will be what covers the ball

-then just go ahead and stick them into the ball. Try start at one point and just go around from that point.
-once you get to the last one i found that a few of mine were sliding out a little bit so i just put a bit of glue on those and glued them down.

to turn them into Christmas decorations for the tree just wrap a string around one pin and glue that one down.
i really love these.
i cant decide which are my favorite 
pink?
or blue?

let me know what you think? which one is your favorite.
let me know if you try any out tag me in the pic of post it with #nailpolishrox
i cannot wait to make a few more.

if you like what you see and you would like to see more let me know.
follow me on twitterinstagrambloglovin or facebook

chat soon
*nailpolishrox*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for the comment. i always love hearing what people think and will try get back to you as soon as possible.have a sparkling day *PrettyCreative *